Indigenous for Android
Indigenous allows you to engage with the internet as you do on social media sites, and post on your website or a federated instance like Mastodon, Pleroma or Pixelfed. You can also receive push notifications by creating an account on this website. Join the IndieWeb, it's fun!
- Login with multiple domains and account types
- IndieWeb: discover indieauth, micropub, microsub and media endpoints. The micropub and microsub endpoints are optional, but at least one should be available. Token revoke happens when deleting an account. PKCE support for additional security when authenticating.
- Fediverse: Mastodon, Pleroma and Pixelfed.
- Comes with a built-in anonymous user which allows reading channels and posts coming from https://indigenous.realize.be, https://mastodon.social, https://pleroma.site or https://pixelfed.social. Posts can be send to a custom endpoint and token.
- post types: article, note, reply, repost, like, bookmark, event, issue, rsvp, geocache, checkin, read, trip and venue
- add multiple images, videos and audio, tags, toggle syndication targets
- share location on note, article, event, read, checkin, geocache and venue
- send image, audio and video to media endpoint
- apply filters, add text and emojisto images
- Toggle post-status (published vs draft)
- Save as local draft to finish later. This also includes coordinates, so you can finish later even when you are on a different location then. Place suggestions are also supported.
- Allow autocomplete of usernames in body text
- Manage contacts (add/update/delete)
- Query, update and delete: get a list of posts and update basic properties (experimental)
- read channels, with pull to refresh
- read items per channel, with pull to refresh, response actions per item
- reply, like, repost, rsvp, bookmark, upload or add feed directly
- listen to audio or watch video if available
- view fullscreen images, zoom and pinch
- Manage channels and feeds
- Share intents: receive text or images from other apps to directly share
- Receive push notifications via an account on this site
- Night mode support
Some features are not available for Mastodon and Pixelfed, because they either don't make sense or the API doesn't support it yet. Pull requests welcome of course! To check authorizations of this app on your accounts, go to following url on your instance:
- Mastodon: oauth/authorized_applications
- Pixelfed: settings/applications
- Pleroma: not found yet (info welcome!)
Indigenous is open source and can be found at https://github.com/swentel/indigenous-android